Wednesday, December 1, 2010

visiting then transcribing

What an interesting experience out in Topeka. I was able to see the home-school process firsthand. I was always a bit envious of the two children in my neighborhood growing up for not having to go to school and once I walked into the Brewster's home and saw her youngest son still in his pajamas those feelings came back. It seemed the boys truly enjoyed attending school at their kitchen table. Aside from having to occasionally compete for their mom's attention the system seemed to work quite well. More to come on the trip to Topeka, I don't want to give away all the bits I plan on using in the story.
Yesterday I sat down for a few hours and transcribed most of the interviews and today I'm finishing them up. I already know what angle I'll be writing from because of our planning and preparation session - so getting the final product finished will only take a few hours. Since I worked more with video than I have in the past the challenge will be working with Carr so she can write some of the print story and I can contribute to the video.
Off to continue the transcribing process. -JSM

No comments:

Post a Comment